Welcome to Portals
At its core, Portals unifies the Distributed Dataflow Streaming Model and the Actor Model, providing unparalleled flexibility and data-parallel processing capabilities with strong guarantees. The framework’s programming model is tailored for edge stateful serverless processing.
Find out more about what Portals is and how everything fits together on the Learn page, or check out our Talks & Papers, or at the project’s GitHub repository. We also have an introductory Tutorial for the Portals framework. Make sure to also try out our new Playground which runs in the browser. Find out more about the project’s team here.
- 23 October 2023 - We are still active! We are currently working on a distributed runtime for Portals in a private repository, this will be integrate into the main repo by Q1 2024.
- 5 October 2023 - We presented our upcoming survey on “Actor-Like Programming Models for Serverless Computing” at the ABS Workshop 2023, check out the Slides and the Pre-Print.
- 14 Sep 2023 - We presented Portals at Scala Days Madrid, and the video is now available on YouTube.
- 28 August 2023 - The Portals repo is now public and available at https://github.com/portals-project/portals.
- 5 June 2023 - Our demonstration paper “Portals: A Showcase of Multi-Dataflow Stateful Serverless” was accepted at VLDB 2023 in Vancouver, Canada, this August/September. Also check out our Demo Page for more info.
- 2 December 2022 - We presented our paper “Portals: An Extension of Dataflow Streaming for Stateful Serverless” at Onward! 2022 in Auckland, New Zealand. The paper is available on ACM DL, and the presentation is now live on YouTube. We also posted a blog post about the trip here.